What's new

ts-251 versus ts-251+

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gonz3405

New Around Here
getting ready to purchase my first NAS. I have zeroed in on the qnap ts-251. I have been to Qnap web site and done a compare between the ts-251 and ts-251+, besides the color, cpu, and included remote I see no other difference. Am I missing something? It does not look like the + is worth the extra price

getting ready to purchase my first NAS. I have zeroed in on the qnap ts-251. I have been to Qnap web site and done a compare between the ts-251 and ts-251+, besides the color, cpu, and included remote I see no other difference. Am I missing something? It does not look like the + is worth the extra price
I didn't find much difference, but my choice over TS-251 was that for sure TS-251+ supports 16GB of RAM (yes, it says it supports up to 8GB, but I had no problem installing 2x8GB modules)
Not sure about soft features if they have enabled the same stuff for both models

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

I didn't find much difference, but my choice over TS-251 was that for sure TS-251+ supports 16GB of RAM (yes, it says it supports up to 8GB, but I had no problem installing 2x8GB modules)
Not sure about soft features if they have enabled the same stuff for both models

Thanks for your response. This is my first NAS, and I noticed the TS-251 has some HTPC functionality I have not seen in other NAS in this price point. My NAS requirements will not be that big as compared to your profile, so I think I will go with the ts-251. Your response was very helpful in allowing me to decide.

Thanks for your response. This is my first NAS, and I noticed the TS-251 has some HTPC functionality I have not seen in other NAS in this price point. My NAS requirements will not be that big as compared to your profile, so I think I will go with the ts-251. Your response was very helpful in allowing me to decide.
Glad to hear that!
Whatever you choose from both is a good start. They have good performance, lot of features and many uses.
Don't know what is going to be the main use you are going to give to it, but I recommend you to digg on all the apps, and features it has. Probably you'll find other things to perform in it.

Glad to hear that!
Whatever you choose from both is a good start. They have good performance, lot of features and many uses.
Don't know what is going to be the main use you are going to give to it, but I recommend you to digg on all the apps, and features it has. Probably you'll find other things to perform in it.

My main focus will be as a NAS and replacement to cloud subscription. However in researching NAS, I noticed the use this unit may have in my entertainment system. This could be part HTPC for me. Yes I noted the many apps available and am looking forward to it. Thanks again.