What's new

TUF AX4200 radio/antenna info

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jmt

New Around Here
Hello, newbie question from a new owner of a TUF AX4200. Getting quite amazing 5GHz coverage all over my 3-story wooden home :)
2,4GHz coverage is somewhat lower than expected and I would like to fine tune the angles of my antennas to improve the situation if possible (using Android wifi analyzer, channel selection is taken care of, I am very happy to live in a non-congested area).

Have been looking for info about the radios/antennas, but have not been able to find any info regarding the radios sharing all four antennas or not, anyone here in the knowing?

-Regards from Norway

Did some antenna angle tweaking on the assumption that all 4 are used by both the 2,4GHz and 5GHz bands. Top notch coverage in entire house now, extremely satisfied. What a great router!

Have been looking for info about the radios/antennas

This router is built around MediaTek MT7986AV CPU and MT7976DA radios in 2x2 2.4GHz and 3x3 5GHz configuration.

You'll be perhaps happy to know this hardware has active OpenWrt development as 3rd party open-source firmware option.

What a great router!

Good to hear it works as expected for you. Enjoy!

This router is built around MediaTek MT7986AV CPU and MT7976DA radios in 2x2 2.4GHz and 3x3 5GHz configuration.

You'll be perhaps happy to know this hardware has active OpenWrt development as 3rd party open-source firmware option.

Good to hear it works as expected for you. Enjoy!

Thanks! The open-source firmware option is very interesting :)

He who googleth findeth! Found this picture showing the antennas wired to the main board :)
Antenna layout looking from behind, left to right:
Antenna #1, grey wire, 5GHz
Antenna #2, white wire, 2GHz
Antenna #3, black wire, 5GHz
Antenna #4, blue wire, combo 2GHz/5GHz

Attachments

• ax4200.jpg
    ax4200.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 81

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!