What's new

TUF-AX6000 VR lagging on Quest2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gammern

New Around Here
Just upgraded my router from RT-AC1900U to TUF-AX6000. I've been using the old one with Meta Quest 2 playing Golf+ running from my PC using the Oculus App with Air-Link. This worked just fine with the old RT-AC19000U router. With the new TUF-AX6000 (3.0.0.4.388_31927-g9b5e4ec) I am experiencing lag/dropped frames and inconsistent metallic sound. A factory reset and settings reload did solve most of the sound problems but the lag is killing the game experience. Getting dizzy when the frames start skipping. Can happen 2-3 times on each hole. With the old router I only experienced that maybe once a day. Wasn't an issue until I got the new router. Quest 2 is the only device running on 5GHz, all others on 2.4GHz. Using Lan1 or 2.5Gbps port on the TUF-AX6000 for my computer makes no difference. Both ports connect "green" at 1Mbps. Quest headset wireless reports 1200 Mbps both ways when connected to TUF-AX6000. The client list on the new router is bugged.(Picture)

MissingRXTXTimeUp.png

Can anyone suggest what to do in order to optimize the TUF-AX6000 for Meta Quest 2 Air-Link VR experience?

I guess the TUF-AX6000 is faulty. If I disconnect all other devices except the computer, wan and Quest 2 and halve the transmission power, things ran better. Less lagging and metallic sound distortions. If I connect Quest 2 to Wifi 5 5GHz on the TUF-AX6000, VR over Air Link ran OK. The ultimate test was to replace the TUF-AX3000 with a TP-Link AX55 (non Pro). That one had no issues with Quest 2 Air Link on Wifi 6 5GHz only.

Guess the moral of the story is that you always need to have a spare router in case the primary one starts acting up.

Btw. Connecting Quest 2 to the guest network WILL show tx/rx rate and access time unlike on the primary network. Might be a s/w bug or an issue due to faulty h/w. I don't know since I don't have a spare TUF-AX6000 to test it out with.

GuestNWLinkSpeed.png

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!