What's new

amtm Turn off modem without swap file corrupting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Speaking about spdMerlin - it's a good script @Jack Yaz, but you may have to explain "for dummies" how it creates the nice graph. Saturating the ISP line and maxing out the CPU twice per hour by default may hurt today's work/learn from home activities. I've seen some folks run it more often to enjoy the graph. It's one of AMTM scripts created with good intentions, but potentially hurting the user, if the user doesn't know what is he/she doing.

Speaking about spdMerlin - it's a good script @Jack Yaz, but you may have to explain "for dummies" how it creates the nice graph. Saturating the ISP line and maxing out the CPU twice per hour by default may hurt today's work/learn from home activities. I've seen some folks run it more often to enjoy the graph. It's one of AMTM scripts created with good intentions, but potentially hurting the user, if the user doesn't know what is he/she doing.
i can't say i've seen any complaints about this

A bigger issue is the data used for each speed test. If your data is capped and you have a high speed connection and/or several VPN clients you have to be careful on how many tests you run daily to avoid exceeding your cap.