What's new

TWC 300/20 Not Delivering Speed Through Router - Only Half

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Venomous

New Around Here
Hey everyone, i have a very weird situation with my new cable upgrade. TWC merged with Comcast and i got a free speed increase from 100/5 to 300/20. I had to order a new modem/router from TWC.

Today it arrived and i got it online. If i have my PC hooked directly to the TWC router, i see easily 325 mb/sec...upload maxes at like 22 mb/sec. The second i drop the routers connection into the Asus AC66U WAN port, i only see a max of 180 mb/sec download. Ive put the TWC router into bridge mode, saw no difference. I also disabled the wireless and DHCP and still saw no changes.

Anyone have any insight to what may be happening? Im running the latest firmware btw.

** Update **

Well amazing, the Cat6 cable i used to feed the Asus WAN caps the speed to 180 mb/sec. When i used a 5e cable, bam full speed.

3598829221.png

I hope this helps someone later down the road.

** Update **

Well amazing, the Cat6 cable i used to feed the Asus WAN caps the speed to 180 mb/sec. When i used a 5e cable, bam full speed.

3598829221.png

Hey man,

What part of L.a do you live in? I am from Hollywood but live now in fullerton and have TW internet, so I am wondering when they will upgrade my area. I al ready have 100 down and 5 up, but those speeds would be nice to have.

I have time warner as well in Texas near Austin and we just got the upgraded modem. Hate to say it, but I'm having other types of hell going on right now with my AC66U and this beast of a modem.

My speeds are around 325 mbps down and 20 mbps up, with my AC speed at roughly 245 mbps / 20 mbps. That includes multiple clients in the house.

When it works anyway...

Edit - I had the same problem with the speed going into the wan link (for some reason it only would negotiate at 100 full), so I would check that, and then I had to go to stock firmware to get gig.

** Update **

3598829221.png

Was it the cat6 cable that came withe router? If it is, its not properly shielded to begin with. Proper lan cables are thick and don't bend like a straw. A proper cat6 cable will have foam insert separating each strand of copper wire and outer shielding is much thicker.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!