What's new

Two differents connections, one with vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Patrick.baldos

New Around Here
Hello everyone, I do not master this aspect and I need your help:

I would need to allow my installation to have two wifi networks, one of which would be under vpn (express vpn or nordvpn). In reality, it is a matter of allowing one pc to work under vpn, while all other devices can connect to an unsecured network.

I ordered a router, the Synology RT2600AC. Is this possible and how?

Is it possible to change the router if necessary? The line under vpn does not need to be very powerful (working on teams) but must remain very stable.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Well, you could manually set vpn bypass for devices you want running through vpn and bypass the ones you don't want on the vpn. I don't know how synology's firmware is like, but on Asus routers it's easy to do vpn bypass.

If you do want 2 separate networks though.. You could setup a guest network. With the regular network and the guest network, you can have two simultaneous wifi networks running on the same router. You can decide which network you want the vpn under. I have no experience with synology routers so I can't say how it would perform or if it's even possible.

I'm in the process of setting it up myself with guest network but haven't had a chance to do it yet. I was looking for the same thing as you and was recommended using the guest network as secondary network.