What's new

Two ISP's two routers, best way to see printer from either

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

loady

I have TalkTalk (TT) coming in downstairs using a DSL-AC88U running stock firmware as it doesn't take merlin (someone else pays for this isp). I have recently had community fibre broadband installed upstairs for my own personal use and it is directly attached to my ASUS RT AC86U and this is running merlin firmware, before i got community fibre i was using the ASUS RT AC86U and powelines to get the internet upstairs where the ASUS RT AC86U resides, the printer is downstairs and connected to the ASUS DSL-AC88U, i could print from anywhere in the the house. Whats the best way to go about being able to print to the printer from either router ?

Both routers are on the same subnet 192.168.11.xxx, thats probably not ideal, the wifi signal of router upstairs is not strong enough to reach the printer downstairs so i have tried to do it that way. The subnet upstairs has to remain on 192.168.11.xxx i can change downstairs if need be.

Does the printer downstairs support a printing service such as Epson Print, Google Print or its own proprietary app?

If so you can use them to route print jobs to that printer from the WWW.

its an epson ET2500, i dont think it does natively, even if i turn on WPS it does find the printer but keeps failing to install saying that there is no network profile for it

No. You just have two separate networks now with the same IP range.

Ok. I have changed the downstairs router to 192.168.1.xx and the printer is working from. The router upstairs currently