What's new

Two New Asustor 70 Series NAS Products Get Core i5 CPUs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
as7010t-l2.jpg

Asustor’s 4-bay AS7004T-i5 and 10-bay AS7010T-i5 NAS products both use Intel’s quad-core i5-4590S processor and 8 GB of SO-DIMM DDR 3 memory (expandable to 16 GB, mixed capacities supported).

Other features shared between the two NAS models include three USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, two eSATA ports, two GbE network ports, one HDMI interface, one S/PDIF port and an LCD panel.

Both NASes support single, JBOD, RAID 0/1/5/6/10 and RAID 1/5 + hot spare RAID volume management, but the larger AS7010T-i5 also adds RAID 6/10 hot spare RAID volume management, as well a 10 GbE expansion slot for network upgrading.

Asustor did not announce pricing or availability for the AS7004T-i5 or AS7010T-i5 at this time. Product pages were not posted either, however the new NAS products will likely fall under Asustor's SMB line-up, alongside the previous 70 series Core i3 products.