Tx Bursting on 5Ghz Wireless

riksterinto

New Around Here
Apologies if this is answered somewhere else. I searched the forum and Google but could not find a clear answer.

On ASUSWRT firmware(Merlin version), why is TX bursting an option on 5Ghz. My understanding is this is only used for g networks. 5Ghz doesn't use g.

Can anyone please elaborate? Does this affect something different on 5Ghz networks?

Many thanks.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
5 GHz also means 802.11a. Might be why it has TX bursting.

det721

Part of the Furniture
I have always disabled TX bursting as i have noticed a small lag in page loads have it enabled. I only use the 5 GHz band and only N and AC devices.

Sachb

Regular Contributor
It needs to be removed, my speeds were terrible having it enabled.

After disabling, I'm maxing out my connection.

I have only N and AC devices, G seems to be obsolete.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

MarkyPancake

I've never enabled this option; from G only routers of old, all the way to the current AC one I'm using.

brianmsailing

Regular Contributor
if you turn of tx bursting your 5ghz speed is very slow. this should not matter however I have tried several times and every time its disabled on 5ghz speed is reduced 5x

heidarren

Regular Contributor
if you turn of tx bursting your 5ghz speed is very slow. this should not matter however I have tried several times and every time its disabled on 5ghz speed is reduced 5x

I have a totally opposite experience, my iPhone 11 can run 550mbps by turning it off, when turn it on I can only get sub 500mbps

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Its your firmware and you couldn't explain it??

I didn't write the wireless code, Broadcom and Asus did. And that code is not visible to me, as you should know by now.