What's new

Uasp problem in AX56 with WD 4 TB USB 3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dmitriy78

Occasional Visitor
Hello.
I have a problem with my HDD WD purple 4 TB and Asus RT ax 56u, running on last Merlin's firmware.
Drive connected to the router by hdd dock station AgeStar . The problem is that in situations when i copy from my pc any files router hung for some time and copy process too . After router become alive after reboot, in dmesg I found string like "reset superspeed device".
How to resolve this? I assume,that problem is in my dock for hdd, that probably not supports uasp protocol. Is the way how to disable uas in current running firmware on router? Or need for compile from source?(how disable this module on compile process?)

The router may be running out of memory. Add a thumb drive with a swap file or partition.

I think i can a 'modprobe -r uas' , but i don't know where put this script? ( in jffs ,i think ). if router rebooted this script must exec before mount hdd

Last edited:
Swap is enabled, 1 GB, on a separate partition, however, on the same disk
That is a problem. For router use the swap should be on a separate drive. Ideally a thumb drive or SSD. USB2 thumb drive is OK.

And I have never had to remove drivers from the router to run a drive in an enclosure. I have had several enclosure from different mfr's and all worked as intended. With that said, a router should not be used as a NAS. Minimal file storage it is OK. But large file transfers can be a problem

If this router gets to swap use - it's practically dead. It will slow down to a crawl and become unusable.

Test it from the command line first. There's no point trying to automate it if it doesn't work.
If i physically disconnect drive, it's work. However,of course, if even unmount drive, this not work, appears error that operation is impossible right now. ( Device used)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!