What's new

Diversion UDP and arpa blocking - Just trying to understand

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

^Tripper^

Hi all.

So with the recent Diversion update, I figured I'd take a look at my setup and follow the log file. I've noticed that diversion blocks the following;

Code:
_dns.resolver.arpa
lb._dns-sd._udp.XXXXX (the "XXXXX" is my "router domain name" )

This only happens when I launch my apple home app on my apple devices.

Not that this is really an issue, my home app works more or less but with some occasional flakiness that I doubt has anything to do with Diversion. Just wondering if this is expected behaviour from Diversion and if so, can I (or more importantly) should I add them to the allow list? And if so, how exactly do I do that as these aren't exactly traditional domains?

Appreciate comments and advise. Am trying to better understand and learn how all these magical 1 and 0s work. :)

Use Diversion option b, 4. Find domain in file(s) to see which block list contains an entry.
You will find that it's not Diversion blocking _dns.resolver.arpa , rather the WebUI option Prevent client auto DoH set to AUTO or YES in WAN tab that adds Dnsmasq option address=/_dns.resolver.arpa/ to /etc/dnsmasq.conf.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!