FlexQoS UI Bandwidth Settings tables

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
I would like to combine the two separate tables into one like below. Looking for readability feedback differentiating Download from Upload, or anything else that is less than ideal. For a future update...

1603054538251.png

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
i'd recommend striping the rows (or columns) so that it's easier to follow. the querylog table from uidivstats has a function I found online that does it quite nicely

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Similar to John's Traditional QoS settings, although I think having the download on the left is more intuitive.

Untitled.png

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
Merlin's Traditional bandwidth page is still mostly the same as John's (i.e. hasn't changed much). I was trying to avoid tables within a table, and avoid repeating the Class names in 2 separate columns, but I see it's far to visually scan left to right and be sure you're in the right spot.

Also experimenting with this view where Download and Upload are in the heading.

1603061400983.png

Perhaps alternating colors will look better, but this would be the only part of the UI to use it right now, so I'm reluctant to introduce it without being willing to go all-in on it everywhere.

I will keep experimenting and see how it goes. Thanks fellows, and I still welcome more feedback!

Attachments

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
For myself, Download and Upload in different colors would work well enough. Along with dark green/light green alternating stripes to highlight rows adequately.

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
I feel like a kid with a brand new box of 64 Crayola crayons. This is just one idea since I'm now also sorting the classes by user priority instead of a hard-coded order. I can use the colors to carry your eye across. Although I think the gradient looks a little gaudy and washed out. I'm learning CSS as I go here...

1603134777698.png