What's new

Unable to access router by SSH or WinSCP after changing to AP mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

newnews

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I now use Raspberry PI 4B as my main router (openwrt installed), it is amazing so far. I then change my original router RT-AC68U to AP mode connecting wired to Raspberry Pi. Everything works as expected so far. The only strange thing is I can access the router from web GUI, however, it keeps saying wrong password if I access from SSH or WinSCP using the same password.

What is the problem?
What I need is to see which processes are running in the RT-AC68U. If accessing it by SSH in AP mode does not work, is there any way to see the processes from web gui?

thanks

Might be a stupid question.. but after switching modes on your Asus router, did you check the "Admin" tab to see that SSH access with a password was still enabled?

Might be a stupid question.. but after switching modes on your Asus router, did you check the "Admin" tab to see that SSH access with a password was still enabled?
it is enabled.
Anyway, I disable SSH and then enable again, SSH is working!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!