What's new

Unable to connect to the Parent AP.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

So the system works when I first reboot. As soon as I change any wifi settings in the professional tab all my nodes switch to this message "Unable to connect to the Parent AP". In order to fix this I have to reboot the main router. Is this a known bug?

So the system works when I first reboot. As soon as I change any wifi settings in the professional tab all my nodes switch to this message "Unable to connect to the Parent AP". In order to fix this I have to reboot the main router. Is this a known bug?

No.

OE

Well that’s exactly how this is working any chafes to my WiFi settings kills the Aimesh node from reconnecting to the main router until I reboot the main router.

I don't know what we're talking about besides an AiMesh issue, but weirdness usually requires starting at the beginning and building up the network one piece at a time, ensuring all is well before adding to it.

OE

I don't know what we're talking about besides an AiMesh issue, but weirdness usually requires starting at the beginning and building up the network one piece at a time, ensuring all is well before adding to it.

OE
Every time I setup everything from scratch. Did it three times already. This is how my RT-5300 and 3100 nodes end up. Everything works but if I change settings such as the WiFi channel the main 192.168.1.1 stops responding/ if I go to a nodes IP it starts presenting that message unable to connect to AP. WiFi still works on all clients and I can access all the nodes including the main parent 192.168.1.1 through ssh. I just totally loose access to the Web GUI & the ASUS app. The only thing that fixes it is toggling the power of the 5300.

Every time I setup everything from scratch. Did it three times already. This is how my RT-5300 and 3100 nodes end up. Everything works but if I change settings such as the WiFi channel the main 192.168.1.1 stops responding/ if I go to a nodes IP it starts presenting that message unable to connect to AP. WiFi still works on all clients and I can access all the nodes including the main parent 192.168.1.1 through ssh. I just totally loose access to the Web GUI & the ASUS app. The only thing that fixes it is toggling the power of the 5300.

Usually, browsing to the node IP gets redirected to the router webUI, by design.

Maybe the AC5300 is not healthy. How does it behave standalone? Have you tried swapping in a different router... make a 3100 the router?

OE

Tried that & it behaves the same way. I tried even factory restoring / using the Asus Firmware Restoration tool to restore the firmwares through TFTP. I notice this doesn't happen if I leave them in AP mode. This only happens in AiMesh mode.

Also I do have... Diversion, Scribe, UiDivStats, scMerlin, & the LED management scripts installed. I'm thinking its Diversion thats causing this problem though.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!