What's new

Unable to connect to the update server.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

arwnd

New Around Here
ec9gMOk.png

RT-AC68U. I noticed my router hasn't been showing me firmware updates for a few months. When I checked manually from the update page it returned an error: "Unable to connect to the update server."

I manually updated to the latest firmware, and when I pressed Check Update it still won't connect with the message: "Temporarily unable to get the latest firmware information. Please try again later."

I'm not sure if this is a server issue or something on my side, but I haven't been getting update notifications since 384.13. I installed amtm and diversion ad blocker in December, but disabling diversion didn't make a difference.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Check your WAN/DNS configuration, and make sure you don't block access to Cloudflare.

ItJG6Bb.png

I haven't changed any settings, everything is default. Is there somewhere I can add cloudflare so it doesn't get blocked?

ItJG6Bb.png

I haven't changed any settings, everything is default. Is there somewhere I can add cloudflare so it doesn't get blocked?
I think the problem is that you aren't using any DNS server (?)
Just put your DNS server to auto or make it manually and fill the DNS server 1 and 2 to one of your needs.
Use cloudflare for example 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

I usually have adguard dns servers there: 176.103.130.130 and 176.103.130.131, I disabled to see if it would work. I tried using the cloudflare dns and google dns, but still getting the same check update error.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!