What's new

Diversion Unable to login

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rijoy.manghat

Occasional Visitor
Hello Everyone!
Newbe here. I had installed Diversion and Skynet on to my RT-AX58U and it was all working fine until now.
Today i tried to login to Diversion via amtm and got below error

/opt/bin/diversion: line 1: syntax error: unterminated quoted string error

I tried searching this error for diversion in the forum but didn't find anything related. I also tried to update it via the diversion UI and got below error

1610491516314.png

I tried enable/disable and nothing corrected it.
It would really help me if someone can guide me to fix this error.

Thanks in advance !

Hello Everyone!
Newbe here. I had installed Diversion and Skynet on to my RT-AX58U and it was all working fine until now.
Today i tried to login to Diversion via amtm and got below error

/opt/bin/diversion: line 1: syntax error: unterminated quoted string error

I tried searching this error for diversion in the forum but didn't find anything related. I also tried to update it via the diversion UI and got below error

View attachment 29451

I tried enable/disable and nothing corrected it.
It would really help me if someone can guide me to fix this error.

Thanks in advance !
did you read these directions before posting?
1610498172628.png

I am sure there is helpful information located inside the Diversion-web-update.log that can clue us on what happened. Maybe someone can point you in the direction of where the log is stores or a tail command that can be used to find the information to troubleshoot what is going on.

did you read these directions before posting?
View attachment 29452

I am sure there is helpful information located inside the Diversion-web-update.log that can clue us on what happened. Maybe someone can point you in the direction of where the log is stores or a tail command that can be used to find the information to troubleshoot what is going on.

How can find this location ? It says sf in ssh ui, I can ssh to the router and to amtm but can't access diversion option.

How can find this location ? It says sf in ssh ui, I can ssh to the router and to amtm but can't access diversion option.
that is a good question... @thelonelycoder may be able to shed some intuition if he is available. If it is stored where normal logs are store i would say start with checking /opt/var/log

run this command in the terminal

ls /opt/var/log

see if any of the items that pop up are diversion related or see if there is a directory inside here for diversion logs.

if there is a directory- run the same command again

ls /opt/var/log/***change this to diversion directory name****

that should at least allow you to see if that log is stored in /opt/var/log area

you can then run

tail -n 15 /opt/var/log/****path-to-Diversion-web-update-log****

this will report the last 15 lines of the log file.

all the *** sections need to be replaced with appropriate references.

in principle all you need to know is where the log file is located, then you can run

tail -n 15 ***Path-to-log file***

that is a good question... @thelonelycoder may be able to shed some intuition if he is available. If it is stored where normal logs are store i would say start with checking /opt/var/log

run this command in the terminal

ls /opt/var/log

see if any of the items that pop up are diversion related or see if there is a directory inside here for diversion logs.

if there is a directory- run the same command again

ls /opt/var/log/***change this to diversion directory name****

that should at least allow you to see if that log is stored in /opt/var/log area

you can then run

tail -n 15 /opt/var/log/****path-to-Diversion-web-update-log****

this will report the last 15 lines of the log file.

all the *** sections need to be replaced with appropriate references.

Hi,
I tried that command ls /opt/var/log and I dont see anything with diversion there. Only files are these

dnsmasq.log
dnsmasq.log1
dnsmasq.log2

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210112-211356_Termius.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210112-211356_Termius.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 117

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!