What's new

Unable to see 6GHZ on Mac mini M2 (2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spawn

Occasional Visitor
Hey all, this topic was discussed here:

The solution is:
Asus finally determined there was a bug in the latest build (3.0.0.4.388_22237-g9120e16), so they gave me another FW to test for the AXE 16000:
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/BA2CC1C119394D42BE0985737AD22730Y
The new FW helped the M2 discover the 6Ghz SSID instantly, and I was able to connect the M2 without issue - I do get a “limited compatibility” warning in the M2 wireless settings which looks like the separation issue of the SSID’s and AirPlay.

My ask is can we please get this solved bug implemented into the alpha version of Merlin for testing please? I really don't want to go back to the ASUS stock FW.
Router: ASUS ROG AXE 16000

Thanks a lot

My ask is can we please get this solved bug implemented into the alpha version of Merlin for testing please
Not possible.

Really appreciate the response @RMerlin - is there any other way to make 6GHZ networks visible or is this an Apple specific problem which need to be addressed by apple? I really love my Merlin setup because everything else works so preferably I wait and hope this gets solved in the near future. Please do let me know

Really appreciate the response @RMerlin - is there any other way to make 6GHZ networks visible or is this an Apple specific problem which need to be addressed by apple? I really love my Merlin setup because everything else works so preferably I wait and hope this gets solved in the near future. Please do let me know
Sounds like a compatibility issue with the Mac, as I have no problem connecting my laptop with an Intel AX211 card with my GT-AXE16000.

If Asus made tweaks to the driver to work around that issue, the tweak will have to wait until the next GPL merge. 388.2 is already locked in on 388_22525, and since getting updated GPLs for all models is a 6 weeks affair (22525 GPL building by Asus was started in early February), there is no way 388.2 is going to change to a new GPL codebase at this time.

Sounds like a compatibility issue with the Mac, as I have no problem connecting my laptop with an Intel AX211 card with my GT-AXE16000.

If Asus made tweaks to the driver to work around that issue, the tweak will have to wait until the next GPL merge. 388.2 is already locked in on 388_22525, and since getting updated GPLs for all models is a 6 weeks affair (22525 GPL building by Asus was started in early February), there is no way 388.2 is going to change to a new GPL codebase at this time.
ok thanks then I wait for 388.3 which hopefully will address the issue. Appreciate.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!