What's new

Unable to upgrade Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anaknipedro

Occasional Visitor
Edited: APOLOGIES. IT APPEARS 388.1 IS THE MOST RECENT VERSION. IDK WHY I'M GETTING THE YELLOW EXCLAMATION MARK. PERHAPS BECAUSE OF THE AIMESH ROUTERS (I KEEP THOSE ON THE STOCK ASUS FIRMWARE).
1676943402267.png

I have an Asus RT-AX86U on firmware 388.1.
1676942653858.png

When I navigate to the "Firmware Upgrade" page, the firmware automatically attempts to download the new firmware.
1676942618211.png

After this, nothing happens. IDK if it is timing out or what. I've waited over 1 hour and not seen any progress. I'm unable to manually update the firmware because the "Firmware Upgrade page is inaccessible with the "Firmware Downloading..." dialog covering it up.

Any tips?

Last edited:
go to admin > firmware upgrade on main router GUI. click check and it will show you if there are upgrades available for main router and nodes.

I have just updated my nodes as a new FW (stock) is available for them. I always run stock on my nodes.

I also go to the asus support site and download correct firmware, unzip it and then install from the GUI. Very easy.

Jata, thank you. Your suggestion was one I had already tried but luckily, the issue resolved itself. Thanks for your response.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!