What's new

Unable to upgrade from 384.4_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danixu

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I've a router Asus RT-AC87U that is using the Merlin firmware from a long time ago. The latest update that I was able to do was the 384.4_2, and now every time I try to update the router it say that is working on it, but at end it kepts on 384.4_2 firmware.

Firstly I thougth that maybe was a problem with 384.5 firmware, but now that I've the same problem with 384.7 and 384.7_2, so I'm starting to think that maybe is a problem with the update feature of my Router.

I don't know if cares, but my signatures were updated:
2.096 Updated : 2018/07/22 02:00

Is there any way to force the update of the Firmware?

Thanks!

Have you read the release notes? Have you reset the router?

Is there any way to force the update of the Firmware?
I had also some issues in the past when I wanted to jump to a newer version on my 87U devices.

My solution was to remove all USB devices, do a factory reset and and a minimal config - then the firmware update worked.
Of course you loose all your settings, but it's anyway good to do a factory reset (after update to the new version). :rolleyes:

The forceful way would be via rescue mode and using the firmware recovery tool - but I would not recommend, it as you anyway need to do the factory reset after the update.

Have you read the release notes? Have you reset the router?

I've read the most of release notes and I've not seen anything about reset the router or I will not ask for this. Anyway I've searched for reset, restart and factory words on changelog and there's nothing about it.

I had also some issues in the past when I wanted to jump to a newer version on my 87U devices.

My solution was to remove all USB devices, do a factory reset and and a minimal config - then the firmware update worked.
Of course you loose all your settings, but it's anyway good to do a factory reset (after update to the new version). :rolleyes:

The forceful way would be via rescue mode and using the firmware recovery tool - but I would not recommend, it as you anyway need to do the factory reset after the update.

I'll give a try, but is a bit annoying to have to reconfigure the entire router.

Thanks to both. Maybe one day I'll reset it.

Greetings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!