What's new

Unable to use applications from USB even though it is mounted

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brimanst

New Around Here
Long time lurker, first time poster here (I usually find my solutions by searching). I have a strange problem. I had an issue where I could not use opkg about a month ago, so I changed out my 8G USB stick, refomatted it and reinstalled all the addons I use (amtm, skynet, YazFi and other packages such as jq). As I logged in again today, my ddns script failed because I use jq in the script. I also got the familiar opkg not found when I tried to run it. I verified that the usb was mounted on the mnt drive and that all required files were accessible. I then added the full path to my ddns-start script and it still failed to execute the jq app. I rebooted the router and everything works as expected. The logs just showed that my ddns-start script was failing but not much else.
I also seem to have issues with downloads being slow on my 5G wifi after some time but the speed always comes back later. Not sure if these symptoms are related or how to troubleshoot the mysterious usb that is mounted but not accessible somehow. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian

Last edited:
Make sure the link from /tmp/opt still points to the entware installation directory when you see this happen next time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!