Unbound Validation Failure - No Signatures Found

frasderp

New Around Here
Hey guys, first post here.

I have recently installed Diversion and Unbound on my Asus AC86U on latest Merlin firmware.

I have noticed a few sites or connections not working, and had a look at the Unbound logs. if I disable Unbound, they immediately return working (and is only a few specific sites). Here is an example error -

Code:
Validation Failure <use.fontawesome.com.cdn.cloudflare.net. AAAA IN>: no signatures from 198.41.223.31.

Any idea what is causing this, and how I can fix it? I have seen it across a few different sites and services, so was hoping I wouldn't have to manually build some sort of Whitelist. (If I do, I'm not even sure how to do that!)

Zapps

New Around Here
I have this same issue with one website in particular.

I have no clue how to troubleshoot, just echoing your issue.

Code:
info: validation failure <api.drunkenslug.com. AAAA IN>: no signatures from 173.245.58.130

Zapps

New Around Here
Hey guys, first post here.

I have recently installed Diversion and Unbound on my Asus AC86U on latest Merlin firmware.

I have noticed a few sites or connections not working, and had a look at the Unbound logs. if I disable Unbound, they immediately return working (and is only a few specific sites). Here is an example error -

Code:
Validation Failure <use.fontawesome.com.cdn.cloudflare.net. AAAA IN>: no signatures from 198.41.223.31.

Any idea what is causing this, and how I can fix it? I have seen it across a few different sites and services, so was hoping I wouldn't have to manually build some sort of Whitelist. (If I do, I'm not even sure how to do that!)
I fixed the issue I was having by enabling ipv6 on the host machine having issues and enabling ipv6 in unbound. The clue was I got SERVFAIL trying to test the connection using ipv6 (AAAA in) but not when testing using ipv4 (A in). It might be worth a shot.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!