What's new

Unbound Unbound_Manager Questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If it works with another browser, Brave is the issue/source to 'fix'.

Resurrecting this, and it may be the wrong place to be doing so, but I can point my browser (Brave) via settings to a "Customized" secure DNS source - it won't accept 192.168.1.1 ("Enter a correctly formatted URL") or router.asus.com.
When I add https://router.asus.com:8443 Brave tells me "Please verify that this is a trusted provider or try again later"
I'm not sure what/if I'm doing something incorrectly, but something tells me it will get down to my ca.crt, or maybe I'm pointing it at the wrong port...or is this just simply unnecessary and I'm overthinking it?
is unbound a secure source, and how do I prove it to my (desktop as well as mobile) browser?
(I've asked on the brave support but have yet to get a reply)
You have to configure Unbound to listen for incoming DoH requests.

If it works with another browser, Brave is the issue/source to 'fix'.
unbound works just fine, thanks, as does Brave - my inquiry was looking to tighten up the working relationship of my browser and my DNS, whether its necessary or even worth the effort
You have to configure Unbound to listen for incoming DoH requests.
Hmmm...I'll look into that. Thanks, neighbour.
I'm also starting to think that I'll need to set up DDNS and set my router/unbound up with FQDN/A- and AAAA-records...
but then I can probably use my v6 /48...so...hmmm. deeper into the deep dive.