What's new

Unifi HD vs Nano

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lardo5150

Regular Contributor
I see the Nano only supports up to 300mb, but is half the price almost of the HD.
$289 vs $157

Does the Nano still have the same coverage?

THis is for home use, 2 story home. The HD says high density, so I assume the coverage is better, but man that price tag is killing me.

I see you created a new thread. :) UniFi has underwhelming spec, but it works. Its coming from someone (me) who goes off by spec and latest technology all the time.

I got HD and NanoHD. First I got HD so I could test all its potential and if didn't perform I was going to return. Next I got NanoHD so if it perform as good as HD, I was going to get another nano rather than HD to save money. I ended up getting IW-HD.... But in reality, IW-HD is extra device I didn't need to get full coverage with 2.4 GHz.

HD's advantage is has one extra Ethernet port in case you want to plug switch or something. It has faster 2.4 GHz band. I don't think actual range is much different. 5 GHz speed is the same. Even if it had coverage difference, there is no way 1 HD outperforms 2 NanoHD in range. You should definitely go with nanoHD unless you are spec freak like myself. Having said this, one of main advantage of UniFi is they have really active community. So I say go ask in the community or check their community forum. You get more technical, and better answers.

Ubiquiti Forum

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!