What's new

Unknown user on Asus RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oxicottin

New Around Here
Hello, first off let me start off by saying I bought this router for its parental stuff so I can cut times off and watch what my 3 girls are doing ect. Anyway, the house rule is we dont give out the password and I will create a guest one for a overnight fried ect if need be. Well for a few weeks now on and off I been getting into the aiProtection/Parental Controls/Time Scheduling and in the Client list there is an extra Client Name and (Mac address). Now it auto names this client name as a “KYOCERA Corporation” which I googled it and it is a cell I take it. Now one of my girls is sneaky (age 16) and was messing with a older kid and in order to talk to him im wondering if she has a cell phone and is running it off wiFi to talk to him. I tried to block the mac address by going to Wireless/Wireless MAC Filter/ and entering the Clients MAC address and MAC filter Mode as reject and it still shows up in that Time scheduling list?

How do I block this dang thing? And can I get an email alert if this MAC address logs into my router? Thanks

Kyocera is typically a printer.

Interinsting!!!! I only have a brother printer in my house. Is there a way i can figure this out? And am i blocking the MAC correctly, because if i was it shouldn't be showing up in any list because my router shouldn't be allowing it in correct?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!