What's new

Unrepairable Loss of AX Mesh Router WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JHZR2

Occasional Visitor
What I mean by unrepairable is that no sequence of unplugging or rebooting fixes it. The only thing to fix it is to remove the mesh router and then re-install it via the web interface.

Mesh system is an AX-58U as the main, and an AX56U as the mesh router. Wired backhaul.

Every so often, maybe after a month of operating fine, the internet connected LED on the AX56U will go red. This indicates no internet connection.

5B480572-11D3-40C1-BB61-3C1C67D5C825.jpeg

However, the web interface shows that it has a strong connection, and computers connected to the AX56U by ethernet cable have connectivity. So it is connected to the internet.

But the WiFi performance of the mesh drops in areas serviced by the AX56U, it’s just not there. The web interface shows the router as there and functional, but no luck with getting it to do anything but pass the Ethernet on the wired jacks.

A new WiFi called ASUS will pop up, but devices can’t connect to it.

1417F8EB-3013-4D12-BF1F-3E8E56E8D125.png

Rebooting any one or both doesn’t fix it. The only thing that fixes it is to remove the mesh router and then find it. This resets the mesh to original settings and then sets it back up as a mesh.

Im running Merlin WRT, always keep it up to date and the same firmware version on both routers.

Any ideas?

For the record, I removed and reassigned the mesh router at the time that I posted the above message. Today it reverted to red light and no access to the mesh node unless wired. Computers connected through the mesh node with an Ethernet wire work fine…

F6C9E600-DDA9-42B1-99F2-D0BCA07A37F5.jpeg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!