What's new

[Unsolved] AC-58U Download Master Cannot Be Installed (Or alternative)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moeness86

New Around Here
Hello there,
I bought an AC-58U router, which is now running
Operation Mode:Access Point(AP) mode Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.382_51937

- I have an HDD connected and shared no problem, but I cannot find a way to install Download Master. Could anybody please help?
- Now, this download master working is a very important feature for me, so if it cannot be installed, is there any alternative way to get the same functionality? Thanks.

Why are you running such an old firmware? Is that the latest available for your model?

In either case, in AP mode, I don't think you can have the feature you want.

Why are you running such an old firmware? Is that the latest available for your model?

In either case, in AP mode, I don't think you can have the feature you want.
Thanks for your reply.
It is the latest firmware, just released last week. The thing is, I think that this model used to have DM in older firmwares, and that's why I bought it. Still looking for workarounds though and I think something called entware might be what I need, but I can't find whether it has any drawbacks.

Thanks for your reply.
It is the latest firmware, just released last week. The thing is, I think that this model used to have DM in older firmwares, and that's why I bought it. Still looking for workarounds though and I think something called entware might be what I need, but I can't find whether it has any drawbacks.

Try looking when the router is in "Router" mode , not Access Point. Features like that don't run in AP mode.

Download Master is found in GUI > "USB Applications"

ASUS RT-AC58U Manual :

3.5 Using the USB Application
The USB Applications function provides AiDisk, Servers Center,
Network Printer Server and Download Master submenus.
IMPORTANT! To use the server functions, you need to insert a USB
storage device, such as a USB hard disk or USB flash drive, in the USB
2.0 port on the rear panel of your wireless router. Ensure that the USB
storage device is formatted and partitioned properly.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @Shpen99.

Don't keep us in suspense. Share! :)

Ok, I loaded the procedure to do.
Pay attention that router is not default enabled to lunch Download Master, so can be unstable.

Good luck

Attachments

• DownloadMaster.pdf
    421 KB · Views: 39

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!