What's new

Update XT8 node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

radiomyke

Occasional Visitor
I'm relatively new to using Merlin FW and don't have any issues on my AX11000 (on the latest 386.5 FW) with an XT8 as a Mesh node and another as a media bridge - both these have stock FW (386_46061).

Asus have new FW for the XT8s and I'm not sure if I should update these or leave well alone. I've tried finding the answer here but can't see one so apologies if I've overlooked it.

Find a time when you'll have a chance to give this a good go, then update the XT8s (one by one, of course).

If random issues surface that don't have a fix (when doing a quick search on the forums here), then I would be doing a full reset to factory defaults on that AP to be sure it isn't a dirty upgrade syndrome that is causing the issues.

If there are insurmountable issues, you should have already downloaded the firmware that works well today for you, and you can simply flashback to it.

Standing still on router firmware isn't advised. The malware authors don't. And, you may also miss out on fixed/improved features too.

Find a time when you'll have a chance to give this a good go, then update the XT8s (one by one, of course).

If random issues surface that don't have a fix (when doing a quick search on the forums here), then I would be doing a full reset to factory defaults on that AP to be sure it isn't a dirty upgrade syndrome that is causing the issues.

If there are insurmountable issues, you should have already downloaded the firmware that works well today for you, and you can simply flashback to it.

Standing still on router firmware isn't advised. The malware authors don't. And, you may also miss out on fixed/improved features too.
Many thanks, that's really helpful. I'll do this tomorrow :)