What's new

Updated to latest version and lost half of client list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BBE

Occasional Visitor
Just recently updated all my 88u's and 68u's last night to the latest version. Previous version was fairly old... I wanna say from last December. After updating, about half of my connected devices disappeared from my client list. They all still work, but they don't show up in the client list anymore. Any ideas?

Just recently updated all my 88u's and 68u's last night to the latest version. Previous version was fairly old... I wanna say from last December. After updating, about half of my connected devices disappeared from my client list. They all still work, but they don't show up in the client list anymore. Any ideas?
i have the same problem for half a year now

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum?

“all my 88u's and 68u'”.

Just how many routers do you have? And they all now exhibit the same behaviour????

“Previous version was fairly old... I wanna say from last December. ”
Is there any way you can be more specific? Was it a 384. series Merlin firmware or perhaps earlier? Was it even Merlin firmware ir perhaps stock Asus firmware?

powercycle does not help at all my router has been power cycled manny Times since last year but the the client page in the website is relay mest up the clients come and go in the list

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

BBE, Same here. It seems that any version later then 384.8_2 has that "feature". I reverted back to 384.8_2 and all my clients show.
Didn't have to do anything but revert back and it's fine.

BBE, Same here. It seems that any version later then 384.8_2 has that "feature". I reverted back to 384.8_2 and all my clients show.
Strange you should mention that because the change log for the following release (384.9) said:
Code:
  - KNOWN ISSUE: Networkmap listing may be unreliable.
                 (Bug in Asus's code)
  - KNOWN ISSUE: Users failing to read changelogs will
                 probably complain about the above issues.
                 (Outside of my control).

This is why I'm still on 8_2. If 12 still has this problem, then I guess I will continue to be on 8_2 for a while. Does the latest stock Asus firmware also still have this issue for the 86U (I'm assuming it does otherwise Merlin would have brought the fix in if it was available). I suppose someone on stock has to badger Asus to get this fix done.

Make sure you are not using an older version of the CFE on your routers.

And if this was a dirty upgrade.

Do a factory reset and setup from scratch.

Does anyone know if this is STILL an issue? Or if it was fixed in a recent release? I still haven't upgraded in over a year now because of this issue.

Network map still is unreliable. If I were you, I'd ignore network map and focus on the fact that you're a year of (security) fixes and updates behind. Please read the changelog of 386.1 before upgrading to 386.2_4, as there will be maintenance which will lock you out of the WebUI for a while and as you haven't upgraded in a year this might take time some time... (more than the 5 minutes to an hour mentioned in the changelog, that's just for people who do take regular updating to fix security issues seriously).

Network map still is unreliable. If I were you, I'd ignore network map and focus on the fact that you're a year of (security) fixes and updates behind. Please read the changelog of 386.1 before upgrading to 386.2_4, as there will be maintenance which will lock you out of the WebUI for a while and as you haven't upgraded in a year this might take time some time... (more than the 5 minutes to an hour mentioned in the changelog, that's just for people who do take regular updating to fix security issues seriously).

This!!

Security updates are far more important than the network map, that is not a good reason to be sitting on year old firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!