What's new

Updating from very old Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hawker

Occasional Visitor
Howdy,

I have a neglected ASUS RT-AC88U with 384.7_2 on it. What is my risk when updating to the current, I assume, V 386.3 in term of any lost configuration settings, or ones that need to be changed or new ones that need to be set up?
I confess I'm pretty overwhelmed at all the settings and not really sure what many of them mean. I had some help from a friend when we set it up a few years ago. I'm considerably more computer literate than most but many of these setting are over my head and I do not understand them. This seems like a fairly large jump I'm taking firmware wise.
I'm not doing anything too fancy with it. QNAP NAS with VPN and a 2nd router in wired AP mode. USB storing traffic data, is about it.

Thanx.
Hawker

You may have to reset and configure manually this router after updating the firmware. Too many changes for >2 years time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!