What's new

updating to newer version of merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gio3535

New Around Here
Hello: if i already have merlin asus 384.7 installed on a true rt-ac68u and i want to update to newer version do i have to follow all the steps like if it was the first time installing merlin firmware or is install different and easier where can i find these steps ? i purchased my router with firmware update already installed.
thanks

Hello: if i already have merlin asus 384.7 installed on a true rt-ac68u and i want to update to newer version do i have to follow all the steps like if it was the first time installing merlin firmware or is install different and easier where can i find these steps ? i purchased my router with firmware update already installed.
thanks
Flash the new version and reset to factory defaults afterward, you are moving to many versions up to not reset.

welcome to the forum.

Possibly you don’t need to carry out a reset to factory default settings (RFDS). But, you don’t know if yoir router has ever had an RFDS or, if it did, when it had it. If you don’t do one now, every time you have a problem you will wonder if that is the cause. Moreover, you don’t know if the previous owner had the web interface exposed to the WAN and perhaps the router was hacked?

At some stage you will have to carry out an RFDS, possibly because Merlin will release an update that requires it. So you might as well get familiar with the process.

Bite the bullet, start with a known good clean router, and follow L&LD’s Guide without taking shortcuts:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!