What's new

Upgrade Aimesh node firmware remotely?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Reilu

New Around Here
Hi

I'm managing remotely my parents home network (which I've built for them). It consists of 4 RT-AC68Us. I have remote webGUI and SSH access to the router, but I don't have remote access to any local computers there.
I've updated firmware to the main AC68U via GUI without any problems, but I cannot update the firmware for the nodes. When I try to do it via GUI, it tries to open local ip address, which isn't accessible remotely.
Is there a way to update firmware remotely for the nodes?

1612628951782.png

Hi

I'm managing remotely my parents home network (which I've built for them). It consists of 4 RT-AC68Us. I have remote webGUI and SSH access to the router, but I don't have remote access to any local computers there.
I've updated firmware to the main AC68U via GUI without any problems, but I cannot update the firmware for the nodes. When I try to do it via GUI, it tries to open local ip address, which isn't accessible remotely.
Is there a way to update firmware remotely for the nodes?

View attachment 30403

Maybe something like this?

o Disable remote web access to secure their network.

o Enable a VPN server and DDNS client on their router for remote access.

o Option: Replace their AC68U router with an AC86U router for stronger VPN performance.

Somebody who has actually done this should comment. I've done the VPN bit but not the AiMesh node access bit.

OE