What's new

Upgrade from 384.16 to 384.17 OpenVPN error on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DFactory

Occasional Visitor
Just a quick report, I remotely dirty flashed 384.17 on 384.16 and the OpenVPN stopped worked. In the system logs it was throwing fatal errors and never-ending "Export OpenVPN configuration file" was running. I reverted back to 384.16 and the OpenVPN works again. Could you please have a look at this somebody and let us know how to upgrade without resetting completely the whole device?

Just a quick report, I remotely dirty flashed 384.17 on 384.16 and the OpenVPN stopped worked. In the system logs it was throwing fatal errors and never-ending "Export OpenVPN configuration file" was running. I reverted back to 384.16 and the OpenVPN works again. Could you please have a look at this somebody and let us know how to upgrade without resetting completely the whole device?
Server or client? If server, is it running but not connecting/passing data, or is it failing to run?

Server or client? If server, is it running but not connecting/passing data, or is it failing to run?
It is the server, and no, it was not running at all. Tried to re-enable it but to no avail. Rolling back to 384.16 addressed the issue.

If the server wasn't running, how did you try to flash it 'remotely'?

Were amtm and all the scripts updated first?

Did you do a reboot of the router first? Did you safely remove the USB drive?

Did you power down the router, remove the USB drive, and then flash to 384.17_0?

I have flashed a few RT-AC86U's over OpenVPN (server) connections without issues.

If you can't, and you haven't performed a full reset to factory defaults with a minimal and manual configuration afterward (do not use a saved backup config file), then it may be time to do so. :)

I will only say I did a dirty flash to .17 on my 86U and my two OpenVPN server setups continue to work fine.

@elorimer you should update your signature then. :)