What's new

Upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eglons

New Around Here
Hi, I wonder is anyone can advise me. I've got a Netgear wndr3700v2 router at home and it's 90% great. The issues I have are:

1. Wireless coverage is right on the limit at the back of the house
2. The parental controls are not great. I want to be able to limit by schedule by device/device group and the netgear only offers a single schedule. (I have 2 kids and want to give them different access times).

The linksys ea6900 ac1900 seems to be like a decent upgrade but wondered what others think?

Hi,
I used wndr3700 way back with Trondah f/w(OpenWrt) which I liked. If I were to choose ,
I'd consider R7000 which has settled down now with f/w releases. Also you can run Kong's dd-wrt if you want to. I don't use parental control. No kids in the house.

Thanks for the reply... the parental controls are the most important thing for me at the moment, increased 2.4 range would be the second factor.