What's new

Upgrade..?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Arowter

New Around Here
Noob here… Just upgraded to fiber 500/500. came with some weird Nokia Wi-Fi router…apparently they make optical stuff. In fact the ONT is Nokia too….

Have a RT-AC68P, got it 3-4 years ago, but understand it may be discontinued though last firmware update was in July 2022.

im in 1700 sq ft split level home. 2 of us WFH, I’m hard wired into router, other on 5G but signal of course isn’t super strong. typically have 10-12 devices on network..3 iPhones, 2 iPads, 3 MacBooks, 1 gaming machine, Hulu, Ring alarm, etc.

Other than weak signal everything worked fine with prior ISP cable internet service. Now on fiber service I’m thinking upgrade. I just bought a TP link range extender for $35.. trying that this weekend to see if it helps signal boost at far end of house. Also going to switch over the fiber onto the RT-AC68P for the weekend. I tried it for a few hours the other day and it seemed fine.

Do you guys expect the AC68P to stop getting firmware updates? The router seems to work great and I like the Trend Micro built in. We have a few devices that support WiFi 6..iPhones, iPads, MacBook Air, and a new Dell laptop. Thus thinking of that newer AX router for $275… thx,,,

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. You might consider getting another Asus router (like the RT-AX86S) then using existing one as an AiMesh node assuming you can get an ethernet line between them (so your backhaul is wired). I have read good things about that kind of setup and plan to try it in December.