What's new

Upgraded Firmware from 386.2 to 386.10 almost smoothly upgraded

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

notchy

New Around Here
Hi. I just wanted some guidance.
I have the 3 routers that I have been using for the past few years.

(2) - RT-AC86U
(1) - RT-AC66U B1

These were already in an AIMESH configuration before and I was able to apply the the 386.10 firmware to the (2) RT-AC86U succesfully.
The issue I have is applying the 386.10 firmware to the RT-AC66U B1. I used the firmware based on instructions for RT-AC68U firmware.

I have factory reset the RT-AC66U B1 by logging into the adminstration page and under the tab "Router/SettingUpload Setting" and selected "Restore".

Then after the reboot, I plug my ethernet cable into the WAN port of the new Node (RT-AC66U B1) and the other end of the ethernet cable goes into the back of the 1 (RT-AC86U )AIMESH router.

When I search for the Node, it finds it and identifies it but I after a it processing I get the error message.
"
Unable to add your AiMesh node RT-AC66U B1 (XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX) to your AiMesh system due to the following situations.
Please check and try again.
Someone else is trying to set up an AiMesh system. Please wait 1 minute and try again.
your AiMesh router and node should be within 3 meters of each other during the setup process.
Make sure your AiMesh node is powered on.
Your AiMesh node has been upgraded to AiMesh-supported firmware.
Your AiMesh node has been reset to default
If you want to find another available AiMesh node nearby, please click "Search".
"
I have tried it wirelessly also with the same results.

Has anyone run into this issue before and any recommendations?

Attachments

• Error Msg.JPG
    Error Msg.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 27

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!