What's new

Upgrading, possible to export OpenVPN settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fsb

Occasional Visitor
Currently have an RT-AC86U (with NextDNS CLI for devices not routed thru the VPN) and upgrading to a new RT-AX86U. I'd like to minimize the amount of manual rework as possible when setting up the new router.

I have about 50 different rules in VPN Director and 8 different OpenVPN clients setup.

Is it possible to export these rules from the AC86U and import them to the AX86U (after I upgrade the new router to Merlin)?

I have about 50 different rules in VPN Director and 8 different OpenVPN clients setup.
I don't know how you've managed that as the router only supports 5 OpenVPN clients.

Is it possible to export these rules from the AC86U and import them to the AX86U (after I upgrade the new router to Merlin)?
The VPN Director rules are stored in /jffs/openvpn/vpndirector_rulelist.

Reactions: fsb
I don't know how you've managed that as the router only supports 5 OpenVPN clients.

The VPN Director rules are stored in /jffs/openvpn/vpndirector_rulelist.
You're correct and thanks. I miscounted clients although I have no idea how I confused 8 with 5 🤓.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!