What's new

Upload Phone data to External drive attached to my ASUS Router automatically

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fitnesspmm

Regular Contributor
Is there an application on Android where it uploads my photos on my phone to my External USB drive attached to my ASUS router?

It would be also good is there is a PC version of this that uploads to my External USB drive attached to my ASUS router too.

I know you can do it manually through AiCloud but I don't see an option to make it automatically. Is it possible?

1- https://hqt.ro/owncloud-through-lighttpd-optware-ng/ ( also look at the Entware version)
2 - you could set up an ftp server in the router , many apps to synchronise files to it in the app stores.
3- look at the AiCloud 2.0 - Smart Sync options on the router. (web storage option from asus does exactly what you want)
Hard to help without you posting router model/ firmware version.

Yeah. Here, I just posted this elsewhere so you get a lazy copy/paste:

It works with several file explorer/transfer apps, but it's all on how they're set up so the one I'm sure on is FX File Explorer. Wifi on, set up an admin password in FX's 'Web Connect' settings, you'll get a 'web address' similar to http://192.168.1.8:2112.

Just ignore the web browser part, and since you should already have Samba active on your computer map a network drive to \\192.168.1.8@2112\DavWWWRoot

Mapped drive has shown full internal, SD card, and USB drive storage for everything I've set up so far. I just sort of like combining things for no real purpose, so I've been working on turning them into a virtual RAID network. More practically it combines really well with a device you need to do a lot of transfers on. I take a ton of pictures and then need to edit a ton of pictures and thought it'd be nice to not need to worry about the USB cable or backups, so my main PC has a simple xcopy .bat set to run with Windows Task Scheduler that checks the \DCIM\Camera folder on that phone's mapped drive every 5 minutes and copies anything new to both my PC pre-edit folder and a backup drive connected to the router. With the RT-AC66U-B1 that constant wifi link between phone and pc can transfer at around 150MB/s

Can you set a Synology NAS to automatically turn back on if the electricity goes off?

Last edited:
Can you set a Synology NAS to automatically turn back on if the electricity goes off?

I don't think I've seen that option, but then again, I wouldn't have looked for it. :)

Even if available, I would not enable this option. If power is on/off/on/off a few times, it could easily scramble your data quickly or just finally kill the hardware, if the first surge/brownout didn't do it.

Yes

upload_2019-5-7_21-30-24.png

Yes as @Martineau said and also many popular UPS can plug into the Synology via USB to communicate remaining battery time for a graceful shutdown during power outage, along with automatic reboot once power returns.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!