What's new

UPNP NETWORK THREAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peter s

Occasional Visitor
Hi all i have the asus rt-n66u router with the latest merlin firmware 380.64_2 and im haveing issue's with upnp which i have enabled for my ps4 The problem im haveing is when i do a scan of my network using the avast antivirus program is that it keeps coming up that my router can be accessed from outside my network and that port 443 is exposed and to turn off (Enable web access from wan ) which is already turned off but when upnp is turned off my network is secure i have put my ps4 into dmz at the moment i have also tried port forwarding but when playing rb6 seige i get a moderate nat type but i get an open in dmz or upnp i was wandering if this is a firmware problem as i cant remember me haveing this issue any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks for your help ive getting a messeage saying the equipment at the target ip address did not respond to our upnp probes then sayingin brackets thats good news so it must be secure i dont know if its something to do with my antivirus conflicting with it

So GRC proves the port is stealthed . Avast is obviously getting it wrong which going on previous experience is no surprise.

stealth doesnt mean blocked. with upnp there are various problems that can pop up such as rules that dont expire leaving port forwardings around.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!