What's new

uPNP vs. DLNA on Merlin 380.59_0 RT-AC66U build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gordon Wainwright

New Around Here
I recently upgraded to my RT-AC66U to the Merlin 380.59_0 build and find that DLNA server has been replaced by uPNP server ... not a critical issue except that none of my DLNA client hardware (Roku stick, Visio TV, Sharp TV) is finding my media.

This makes me sad ....
I've searched various forums and discovered that DLNA is a subset of the uPNP domain and any given DLNA client implementation may or may not be compatible with any given uPNP server implementation.

Suffice it to say I've been unable to find a meaningful direction on where to go with this.
Does anyone here have any suggestions on how I can remedy this issue ?
Are there any settings I can tweak to get this working or am I hosed ?

Thanks.

Never noticed till now but mines says upnp too. 380.59.
pic.jpg

Asuswrt is still using the same minidlna DLNA server as before, there was no change there.

The DLNA protocol is derived from the UPNP protocol, which is probably why both names are sometimes used.

I have similar problem my device tv,pc bdplayer not recognize upnp server
I have set manual media path but not work

Hello
Do anyone have experienced this error message in log console of dlna server of Router (in my case ASUS RT AC66U with merlin firmware 380.68_4) ?
that still be traced and causes the HARD DISK seek
[2017/11/14 15:57:12] upnpsoap.c:2005: warn: SoapMethod: Unknown: GetGenericPortMappingEntry
[2017/11/14 15:57:12] upnpsoap.c:123: warn: Returning UPnPError 401: Invalid Action

I tested with some previus releases and seem present also there.
Do you know the cause and how to remove it ?
thanks
Alex

It looks like those SOAP messages relate to port mapping on the firewall and are nothing to do with DLNA.