What's new

upnp Wireless band strange behaviourTV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

awesomegiga

New Around Here
I do have problem with the upnp protocol since I've updated to the version 380.66. I do have my TV app and my panasonic TV, which they are supposed to be connect to the same network in order to control the TV via the APP. However, it only works if they are connected to the same frequency band wireless, i.e. either both to 2.4 or 5 GHz. Once they are connected to different wireless bands, they stop communicating. I guess upnp is used with TLS encryption. I am using RT-AC87U and start facing this problem in the last couple of firmware versions; I've test the 380.65_4 and 380.66 and both have are problem. What is really weird that some times its worked in different wireless band right after the restart and stop after short while.

I do have my TV app and my panasonic TV, which they are supposed to be connect to the same network in order to control the TV via the APP. However, it only works if they are connected to the same frequency band wireless, i.e. either both to 2.4 or 5 GHz. Once they are connected to different wireless bands, they stop communicating.

Panasonic Viera SmartTV's use Miracast, which is a superset of WiFi Direct... it's a point to point connection between the TV and the device running the App... router/AP usually doesn't come into play here...

You didn't mention what phone you're using, but it seems there lies the problem...

It should fall back to IP, but your router/AP is the 87U, which is odd enough as it is...