What's new

US Government Shutdown - No Approvals for New Devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Internet Man

The FCC's website now redirects to a document titled "Impact of Potential Lapse in Funding on Commission Operations" which says that most operations were suspended mid-day on January 3rd. It also says, "All other Commission electronic filing and database systems will be unavailable to the public until normal agency operations resume." The FCC ID Search form redirects when you try to search and the Advanced Search page redirects immediately.

I wonder if the US market is missing out on any new device announcements/releases while manufacturers cannot receive approval from the FCC during the US government shutdown. Other countries may piggy-back on FCC approvals, has anyone noticed any ripple effects elsewhere?

I wonder if the US market is missing out on any new device announcements/releases while manufacturers cannot receive approval from the FCC during the US government shutdown. Other countries may piggy-back on FCC approvals, has anyone noticed any ripple effects elsewhere?

I would expect that lack of FCC validation will only delay the release date of new products, it shouldn't prevent announcements. Manufacturers are used by now to doing "paper launches".

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!