What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ac68u

New Around Here
Hello,
I am using Asuswrt-Merlin 386.11 with Asus RT-AC68U C1. I did clean install from latest stock firmware to Merlin. I have a USB 3.0 hard disk drive, despite it is detected in original firmware, Merlin is not detecting it. If I change USB mode to 2.0 in settings, the device show up and mount successfully. I tried two different brand of USB 3.0 external disks but the result is negative. I think there is a bug about Asuswrt-Merlin.
Hope someone will solve it in future releases.

I've not seen this happen with any of my ASUS routers. If you have any command line familiarity, it may be useful to run the AMTM disk formatting utility (now built into Merlin FW) to see if it recognizes the drive.

I found the problem. If I reboot the router when disk attached, it wouldn't detected any more after boot. I need to unplug the disk and reboot it again to successful detection.

This is interesting. I have an 2pcs of ac68u running with 386.12_4 with huawei usb huawei e3372h-153 and both of them were running almost....fluently with stock firmware, they were just unable to updated to the latest asus fw version. Because of this I had some issues with openvpn and I wanted my 4 asus routers to operate with nearly the same version of ovpn so I upgraded them with the latest merlin version to all of them.

2pcs ac86u with cable connection and 2pcs of ac68u with usb- huawei e3372h-153.

Lately one of my ac68u was loosing connection for no or unclear reason. After the merlin fw uploaded I got this "usb unrecognizable" or similar message in the syslog. It was running perfectly on whole summer, now with unchanged hardware it is unrecognizable?

Usb3 port is not working at all, I put it into the usb2 port, after half an hour or stg it recognized and came back online for approx 24hours, now it is gone again and unreachable since 24 hours.

Since that router is far away from me and there is a scheduled restart at 4am pull out and plugin won't work . Did you have any solution for this?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!