What's new

USB 3.0 Hub Support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Davedave

New Around Here
Hi All,

I'm a new to this router (RT-AC68U) and the forum, so I appreciate all the work which has occurred to date.

I did want to also see if anyone has had success hooking up a USB 3.0 hub. While the latest firmware says this it supports USB hubs, I have found this to only work on the 2.0 port.

When I do hook up a 3.0 hub I cannot see any drives and the log says "can't read hub descriptor."

My goal was to create a mini NAS with a couple quick USB 3.0 hard drives.

Last edited:
Try another USB hub - externally powered, preferably.

Of course it's the router :) (this is a beta build for USB Hub support after all), but the USB Hub used may make a difference.

No specific recommendations (don't use hubs; too glitchy) - but any other hub with a different chipset would be worth experimenting with.

Myself? I would try one of the brand names, for starters, but I don't see any USB 3.0 Hubs with great reviews that are available locally.

Hub support is not included in 374.38, it will only be in 374.39.

Oops, I thought we were talking about the Asus v.583. :eek:

I've actually tried this with Asus v.583 and Merlin 374.38_2.

Merlin, do you know if there is USB 3.0 hub support in 374.39 or will it just mirror the latest ASUS (which means it probably won't work).

I've actually tried this with Asus v.583 and Merlin 374.38_2.

Merlin, do you know if there is USB 3.0 hub support in 374.39 or will it just mirror the latest ASUS (which means it probably won't work).

374.39 as it currently exist on the repo uses the 374_583 code, so it does have USB hub support. It was working fine with my old USB2 hub when I tested it.

374.39 as it currently exist on the repo uses the 374_583 code, so it does have USB hub support. It was working fine with my old USB2 hub when I tested it.

Where exctly does 374.39 exist?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!