What's new

USB 4G Dongle for RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

juanantonio

Regular Contributor
Hello everyone.

I would want to know if any of you have a USB 4g Dongle on router Asus RT-AC86U.

I have a house in my town with no fiber connection and I am connecting the router to the Internet via Android tethering, but I want to be free to take my phone when I left the house without having to reconnect when I come back.

I have read some posts in this forum and it seems that Asus' list of compatible devices is not up-to-date. For this reason, I would know if any of you have had luck connecting a specific USB 4G dongle to the router. If so, I would go directly to buy it.

I have read also some post that pointed me in the direction of Huawei E3276. Any of you have tried this dongle with the RT-AC86U?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'am using firmware Asuswrt Merlin release 386.7 in the router.

Last edited:
We have a location where I use a NETGEAR 4G LTE Broadband Modem (LM1200) feeding the WAN port of an RT-AC68U and it works great. Much less hassle than a USB Dongle.

Any chance you can buy a used Huawei B525? They can be bought on Ebay pretty cheap and will have better speeds compared to a dongle.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!