What's new

USB-AC68 Slow download after W10 Creators update solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

timex18

New Around Here
Thought I would pass this on to anyone else having the same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update a few days ago. Smooth install and everything is working fine except my internet download speed has slowed to a crawl. Prior to the update I could download ~185Mbs and Upload ~12Mbs
Since the update I am getting ~4Mbs down and 11Mbs up.
Uninstalled the Asus driver and reinstalled with same results.
I can upload files within my network at full speed, but same slow download.

Running Asus USB AC-68 with Version 2.1.3.0 driver through USB 3.0
Windows 10 build 1703
Router Netgear R7800 V1.0.2.28 firmware

Found this thread (In German no less) discussing this as a driver issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de...niedrige/27a55259-dca3-442d-81d4-d382a9c502d8
There is a mention someone fixed it using a .inf driver from Realtek-Treiber 1030.13.704.2016 package. Sure enough, I found that file http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NE...Network-Adapter-Driver-1030-13-704-2016.shtml, updated the driver from this package and now I am right back to where I started with 185Mbs down and 12 up.

I am sure I am not the only one having this problem (or will get once Creators Update gets full rollout) so here's the fix until Asus can update their drivers.

Can someone move this to the Asus forum? Or tell me how to delete this? I forgot I was in the Netgear forum

Thought I would pass this on to anyone else having the same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update a few days ago. Smooth install and everything is working fine except my internet download speed has slowed to a crawl. Prior to the update I could download ~185Mbs and Upload ~12Mbs
Since the update I am getting ~4Mbs down and 11Mbs up.
Uninstalled the Asus driver and reinstalled with same results.
I can upload files within my network at full speed, but same slow download.

Running Asus USB AC-68 with Version 2.1.3.0 driver through USB 3.0
Windows 10 build 1703
Router Netgear R7800 V1.0.2.28 firmware

Found this thread (In German no less) discussing this as a driver issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de...niedrige/27a55259-dca3-442d-81d4-d382a9c502d8
There is a mention someone fixed it using a .inf driver from Realtek-Treiber 1030.13.704.2016 package. Sure enough, I found that file http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NE...Network-Adapter-Driver-1030-13-704-2016.shtml, updated the driver from this package and now I am right back to where I started with 185Mbs down and 12 up.

I am sure I am not the only one having this problem (or will get once Creators Update gets full rollout) so here's the fix until Asus can update their drivers.

Well, perhaps it's not a bad post for the Netgear AC forum as well. My speeds have dropped by some bit since the upgrade as well. I'm using a Netgear Nighthawk R7000

I have not noticed any speed difference with Creators. I installed it yesterday morning.

You may want to use O&O ShutUp10 or equivalent to turn off a lot of the privacy concerns with Windows 10.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

I use the "Apply all Recommended Settings" (Green checkmark). I have used this app since Windows 10 was released and have no complaints. It does what it says.

I'm having the exact same issue with a Asus USB-AC68 and a USB-AC56R. Before the Windows 10 Creators 64 bit update, I was getting 350 Mbps down. Now I'm getting 2-5 Mbps down.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 (64 bit)

Using the Realtek driver fixes the problem (thank you), but first I had to also update chipset and usb drivers.

Last edited:
i am having the same problems, im currently using an older realtek driver and it seems to help a little. i will try the driver listed above to see if there is any improvement.

Update: seems to be working fine now, hopefully asus can update their drivers soon

Last edited:
Hello,
I have the same problem with Windows 10 Creator and my usb-ac68.
Could you give the link where can I dowload the Realtek driver and could someone describe the how to?
Please help.

Thanks

AC68 as in Asus, Windows 10 Creator has problem with BT and USB3 .
You should stay on the 14393.1066 and nor running away with a insider build thats not stable. ;)
Stay on Release Preview ring NOT Fast ring.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this fix! My speed dropped from 115 Mb/s to 2.5 Mb/s after updating to Creator's Edition. This fix brought me back to full speed!

I am having the same problem. How do I install these drivers ?

Last edited:
Thanks to this post, I've manage to solve the slow download issue as I've just got the Falls Creator's update last week...didn't realize the slow download as the ping was fine for the first few days until there's a game update then I realize the speed is too low...