What's new

USB Application just sits on "Updating..."

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shl329

Occasional Visitor
RT-AC68U

I have just upgraded it to 3.0.0.4.378.50_0

I then did a factory reset.

Now when I go to USB Application it just sits on "Updating..." for ever.

I have a USB stick plugged in - it previously had this because I wanted SNMP installed. I see that's now built in so no longer needed :)

I tried ipkg remove downloadmaster to see if that sorted it (not sure if that was a good or bad idea?). No change.

I've unmounted the USB stick. Still no change.

Any ideas please?

Remove the whole asusware directory from your USB disk.

RT-AC68U

I have just upgraded it to 3.0.0.4.378.50_0

I then did a factory reset.

Now when I go to USB Application it just sits on "Updating..." for ever.

I have a USB stick plugged in - it previously had this because I wanted SNMP installed. I see that's now built in so no longer needed :)

I tried ipkg remove downloadmaster to see if that sorted it (not sure if that was a good or bad idea?). No change.

I've unmounted the USB stick. Still no change.

Any ideas please?

I tried three different browsers Firefox, Chrome then IE, then simply clicked CANCEL under IE. When I reopened the TAB using Firefox then the APPS list appeared immediately. ....didn't remove anything..and the problem has apparently gone away. :confused:

Cheers, removing that for from the USB stick sorted it.

Really loving this update (I was on a version from about August, just not had time). IPv6 now working (native nearly worked but it was getting no gateway set for some reason - set it up statically and it's fine - that didn't even work before and zero settings were pulled on native before either). I'm happy now IPv6 is usable :)

Bonus that SNMP is now standard too!

Thank you for your hard work RMerlin!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!