What's new

USB Dongle install Entware on micro SD Card

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

juanantonio

Regular Contributor
Good afternoon everyone.

I have two Asus routers. My main router is a RT-AX86U, which is located in my main house.
The secondary one is a RT-AC86U, which is located at my town's house.
I've bought a ZTE MF833U1 USB 4G dongle, with the intention of giving internet access to my town's house, connecting it at USB port of RT-AC86U.
I have Wireguard Manager AddOn installed on both routers, installed on USB sticks through Entware.
The issue I have encountered is as follows:
I have connected the ZTE dongle to my RT-AX86U. The micro SIM card inserted into it is available through amtm to format it or install Wireguard (which is my goal, but on the RT-AC86U).
Surprisingly, when I want to format it on the RT-AC86U, amtm does not see the micro SIM card, so I cannot install Wireguard Manager AddOn on it, even though drive is recognized by the router (if I run 'fdisk -l' command, it is shown as /dev/sdb1).
The question is: is there I can do to have the micro SIM drive recognized by AMTM in the RT-AC86U as effectively it is in the RT-AX86U? The firmware on the RT-AX86U is Merlin 388.1 while in the RT-AC86U is Merlin 386.9.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: