What's new

usb drive, able to read and write to ?? on say a 220 series.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JS_racer

Regular Contributor
say, looking to purchase a nas, possibly. i currently use a wd easystore usb3 drive connected to a asus 86u router and it serves my basic needs. if i take that drive and plug it in the back of a synology, will i be able to read and write to it ?? it is ntfs,
thinking a 220+, 220j, or something else, heck i don't know and it gets so confusing..

thanks for your time
(use currently is for multimedia storage)
(i could add a second easystore to the asus router, current is 4gb, looking at say 6x2 jabod for a nas, or a 8tb or 10tb easystore)

Can you read and write to a usb drive in ntfs format through the synology ??

I bought a 5 TB USB drive to attach to my Synology NAS and automatically back it up twice a week. In order to get the utility on the NAS to work I had to let the NAS format the drive and it chose to format as EXT 4.

got ya, thank you
so just plugging in a used ntfs usb disk, will read, but won't write. makes sense.
if formatted, then its good.

hmm, i would have to unload the information, format, then add back the information, to have it centralized,
thanks for the information..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!