What's new

USB Drive - GUI Directs to CFE MiniWeb Server (firmware)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BJ1200

Occasional Visitor
Hi All. I have two issues. I included screen shots to see the situation better.

1) Connecting my USB drive, which worked fine with AC66, now causes it's GUI to display this "CFE MiniWeb Server" firmware request page as seen below. The drive is no longer recognized.
miniweb.jpg

EXPLANATION - My installation was flawless a few days ago, which included the latest firmware upgrade. Yesterday I plugged in a new 3TB USB drive that contains some movies. I go to the Media Server tab and change path to the USB Movie folder.
mediaserver.jpg

I get access to the USB files and folders through W7>Start>Network>RT-AC66U. I have no idea why my PC is also listed as a Media Device.
network66u.jpg

I notice a new Library called "RT-AC66" in Windows Media Player which is good. So I unplug the USB drive, move it to a permanent position, and plug it back in a few hours later. The GUI now displays this weird "CFE MiniWeb Server" page. If I unplug the USB the GUI works until I access the Network Map tab, which goes to the firmware page. What the heck is going on and how do I fix it. It has the most recent firmware.

I should mention there were several new files and folders added to my USB drive that appear to be DLNA stuff (see below). It created a MiniDLNA folder which no longer appears.
mediaplayerjunk.jpg

ISSUE #2 - The 5GHz router light never comes on. I connect to the 5GHz which works fine but no light. I tried turning off/on the 5GHZ radio, still no light comes on. The 2.4 light works fine, goes off when I turn that radio off. Any ideas? Sorry, forum only allows 4 images. Here's the pic

Last edited:
3 TB HDDs aren't fully supported by the firmware (they should, but it's a known issue). That might be what's causing your firmware to fail to boot, and causing the router to reboot in recovery mode perhaps.

For the 5 GHz led, that issue was fixed in a later firmware release. Make sure you do run 3.0.0.4.220, which is the latest at the time of this post.

Regarding your PC, it shows up because of the Windows Media share service, which allows you to share media files between your PCs.

Rmerlin...ya stud. Thanks for the help and fast response. I did update the firmware to 220 during setup so this LED must be more that firmware issue on this unit. Thanks for the heads up.

I stumbled into the 2TB limit after this issue. But it worked perfectly for several hours. Now that just fries my a_ _. How is it all these high end routers with "state of the art" features and not even include USB 3.0. Now I learn about another legacy limitation on drive size.

Appreciate the help. It's just temporary USB till the NAS is built, stress tested, and delivered to the house.

3-TB drives are apparently working in tomatousb - so only a matter of time before the kernel and busybox patches are available in the other firmwares

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!