What's new

USB Drive not always recognized.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ctyt

New Around Here
Right now I am using a RT-AC68U flashed to Merlin's 380.68_4 firmware. But I also had this problem when I was using a different RT-AC68U with stock T-Mobile firmware. I have also used a completely different HD enclosure with the same result.

I use a USB 3.0 enclosure with a 2TB hard drive for media storage as an SMB share. After any power cycle (router or HD enclosure), I have to unplug the drive plug from the USB 3.0 port, insert it into the USB 2.0 port, and plug it back into the 3.0 port. Otherwise, the drive will not be recognized by the router. Any thoughts?

Disable USB 3.0 Interference reduction under Wireless -> Professional.

I have the same problem with John's firmware and in the past with RMerlin's firmware. If i disable the USB 3.0 Interference reduction, de usb 3.0 hdd won't mount. If i enable it, de hdd does mount but only with usb 2.0 speed. I think this is an old problem with those devices.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!